Sunday, July 22, 2012

Alien Movies

District 9.  One of the latest of the batch of films where they try to give it that documentary-style feel.  I've been trying to watch it while building my blog, so I haven't really focused on it.  Gonna have to DVR it and watch it later.

Not too much shaky-cam, but it has a lot of quick camera shots.  Appears to be sort of an updated version of Alien Nation -- critters from out there that are kept in a compound here on terra firma.  Sort of an alien ghetto.

Uh oh.  Looks like our human intermediary drank some bad bug juice that the critters concocted, and he's going through a wicked transformation sequence.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't make it through 5 minutes of this show. If this is what science fiction (or should I say "Syfy") is comming too, I may just give up on TV. Naw. There are still the good old classics. MeTV still shows the Irwin Allen greats.
    Charles Darwin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every so often a rare gem shines through. And, I love the Irwin Allen classics, too. Our old friend, Mr. Corman, is still giving us "B" movies.

      Delete