Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Stupid Tech Tricks

Okay, they made this one easy for me. You’ve heard the old saying about turkeys standing in the rain and drowning. Well… that’s a perfect lead-in to a new piece of tech, or rather, a tech accessory, called the Brolly.

First things first, though. The name itself, Brolly, already sounds like something a first-grader would come up with. The thing looks like a set of brass knuckles, and it's designed to let you hold your umbrella and text at the same time. In the rain.

Now, I think this is just a wondrous idea. I mean, first thing I think of when I’m standing in the middle of a rainstorm with the wind whipping around the umbrella is, "Man, I sure do wish I had a way of holding onto my umbrella so I could text, too. And, then, maybe someone will make a force field, too, that would protect me from oncoming traffic as I stumble rain-blinded and text-addled into the street."

I figure what's coming next on the tech superhighway is an accessory that attaches your i-Thingy to your steering wheel’s airbag. It'll be called In Your Face. That way, when you’re in a head-on collision, you can bang out a text as the airbag explodes. I hear they’re also working on one for commercial airline pilots. “This is your captain texting. LOL.”

A friend of mine came up with another add-on for the Brolly. For ultimate practicality, connect the umbrella to the iPhone and use the umbrella as an antenna for better reception. Also, it could double as a charger for your phone when you’re struck by lightning. Talk about re-usability.

Actually, I’m thinking about taking out a cheap life insurance policy on anyone who buys one of these things. That way, I won’t have to pay much on the premium. I’ll just count on volume. I figure that after a short period of time, they’ll all be entrants in the Darwin Awards.

http://www.gizmag.com/brolly-text-friendly-umbrella/26011/

'til next time... Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment