Sunday, December 16, 2012

Butt Dial Takes on a Whole New Meaning

Hold on… my body’s ringing. And, as we range further out into the weird world of tech, Nokia is bringing us vibrating tattoos … I don’t think Mr. Bell saw this down the road when he said, “Mr. Watson, come here. I need you.” But, as far as the next illogical step for where communications technology is taking us, I reckon it follows.

Yep, I'm sure folks will rush right out there to be the first to get hard-wired. Literally. The idea is to use a special tattoo ink with magnetic properties (first question -- if you're tattooed with magnetic ink, would you always walk either north or south?) and when you're receiving a call, a tiny impulse runs through you. It's gonna run through you, not me, 'cause I don't like phones, anyway, and I sure don't want a case of the jumpin' leg jitters every time the phone rings. Can you imagine telemarketers?

Supposedly, just like with regular ring tones, you could set it up so you perceive different impulses depending on who's calling you. Adds a new twist on phone sex, doesn't it? And, what happens during an electrical storm? And, how do you plug in accessories? Just asking.

Don't get me this for Christmas. Please.

'til next time... Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment