Thursday, December 6, 2012

Not So Smart Phones

Now, we can personalize our smartphones, dress them up, give them names. I can’t repeat the name I have for mine.

We can even accessorize them, yet one more step towards the day when we become one with our technology (resistance is futile). I’ve heard that by 2047 we'll be able to implant USB ports in our heads. No, just kidding. At least I hope I am. While we’re not quite to that stage yet, here are some curious and strange accessories to pretty up the little smart a** beasts.

For the really serious drinkers out there, you can get a breathalyzer for 40 bucks. Some really sort of strange, twisted irony if you’re involved in a car wreck while running a breathalyzer test on yourself with your iPhone.

You really don’t want to drive with this one, although I’m betting that someone probably will. Since you can watch TV on your iPhone, you can now get a hat with a really long bill and really long side visors to block out external distractions. Your iPhone slides in the far end of the bill, and you can watch TV without any annoying distractions liked oncoming traffic. Yeah, that's a good idea.

A diamond-edged iPhone case. Sure, why not? I don’t believe the previous two accessories, anyway.

And, of course, there’s the iPhone bicycle handlebar mount. Well, you know, Darwin was right. This will thin out the herd.

Finally, for the retro gadgeteer, there’s an old-style telephone handset that plugs right into your smartphone.

Well, I know what I’m getting everyone for Christmas.

'til next time... Adios.

2 comments:

  1. Excuse me...please wait a second while I plug in my full size keyboard. Just as soon as I get tethered to my computer and establish a link with my TV, I'm going to post a response to your blog...of course from my Galaxy 3s... while sitting on the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're getting a little online shopping time in while in the can. I was reading where that's one of the most popular places to online shop now.

      Not so different from the outhouse we had when I was growing up. Always had a Sears catalog at the ready for shopping.

      Delete