Thursday, September 27, 2012

One of Our Entertainers is Gone

Andy Williams left us this week at the young age of 84. We will miss you, Andy.

He was one of the quiet entertainers, working in the background, always there. Whenever you watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s, there he is, unseen, with "Moon River", his trademark song. Sure, others sang it, but "Moon River" was his.

Back in the days of variety shows, quality variety shows, there was The Andy Williams Show. A staple for Boomer Christmases, I have fond memories of his Christmas specials. I’d watch them again if they’d put them on.

One of his other trademark songs was "It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year".

Yes, I know, I’m an old softie when it comes to Christmas and, especially Christmas TV specials, and I’ll always think of Andy Williams at Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment