Friday, September 21, 2012

What's On?


Working from home today, so I get to do my old favorite past-time of turning on the tube (or the panel) with the sound down and listening to the stereo. Sometimes that's the best way to survive daytime TV.

Well, started things off with the Weather Channel, and I hadn't cranked down the sound before they assaulted me with talk about the world's largest beehive. I see that next I can look forward to an update on tailgating weather.

Nope.

Moving on, I do a little recon on the other channels.

There's a 16 & Pregnant marathon on MTV (which long ago got as far away from its original concept of music television as possible). Oops, I'm missing the 9 AM show -- TV Guide says, "A pregnant cheerleader struggles with her boyfriend to get serious about parenthood in the Season 4 premiere". Season 4?

G4 offers four back-to-back episodes of Cheaters. Private Eyes taping marital infidelities. Oh boy.

TLC (The Learning Channel -- all about learning, right?) gives me A Baby Story -- all about a woman's last month of pregnancy making her crazy. No kidding. What is this? Pregnancy day on TV?

"... a group of people who definitely saw something." That's part of the conversation I heard on Destination America on a channel called DESTD. Show's title is The Loch Ness Monster Revealed. Yup, I've no doubt they saw something...

And, so it continued. Well, at least it's the evening now, the work day is over, and I can look forward to.... WWE SmackDown. On the Syfy channel? What the...?

'til next time... Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment