Thursday, November 8, 2012

Like Father, Like Son?

It's just amazing what hits the cutting room floor of some movies.  Take a look at this from one of the Star Wars films:

“Luke… I am your father.”

“Noooo! It can’t be true!.... Well, then, Dad, can I borrow the keys to the family spaceship?”

“What? No… You don’t get it. We’re going to rule the galaxy together.”

“Rule the galaxy? You never even played catch with me.”

“Uh, sorry, son, I was busy, with… work. Yes, that’s it. Work.”

“Sure, keep talking, old man. I know what kind of work.”

“No, really, I was. I was trying to find you and your sister.”

“Yeah, yeah. Oh, and hey, my sister’s pretty hot and all, and I don’t think she knows she’s my sister, so, I was thinking…”

“What? Whoa! Luke, now, that’s just weird. She’s your sister, for Yoda’s sake.”

“That’s weird? Hey, look who’s talking, Mr. All-Dressed-in-Black. And, that helmet. I mean, come on, Dad. And, besides, you tried to kill us.”

“Oh, yeah…. Um, about that. You know, things were really weird back then with the Emperor and all. And, what’s wrong with my helmet?”

“It looks stupid. If I move back in with you, I can’t have any friends over, not with you looking like that and all. And, this thing with the Emperor. You and he aren’t, I mean, you’re not, uh…?”

“What? Whoa! No way, I mean, no, I’m not gay, and even if I was, it sure wouldn’t be with him. Oh, gross, son, he’s all wrinkly and ugly, and, well, he’s got that laugh. I hate that laugh.”

“Okay, so, can I move in, then, Dad?”

“Well, okay, I guess that would be okay. But, you’re going to have to get a job.”

“Hey, I’m a Jedi!”

“Huh! Like that pays the bills. Let me tell you…”

“Uh, Dad, can it wait? I’ve sort of got this problem here. I mean, you did just cut off my hand.”

“Oh, sure, sorry, son. Let’s get you patched up.”

“And, we’re gonna have to work on your outfit, Dad. The black’s cool, but the helmet, I don’t know. And the cape? Gotta go. Oh, and can I have a party tonight?”

“Aw, jeez…”

No comments:

Post a Comment