Thursday, November 29, 2012

Utter Randomness or Random Utterness

In Passing

We will miss you, Tony Nelson. That’s my favorite memory of Larry Hagman (1931 - 2012), as the harried yet lovable astronaut from his I Dream of Jeannie days. I was all about astronauts during that time (who wasn’t?), and absolutely loved the show. Now, I know there are plenty of Dallas fans out there, but for me, he was Major Anthony Nelson. Farewell, Mr. Hagman.

Words in the Media That Annoy Me

Pre-owned. As in a pre-owned car. What's that even mean? When did used car come to be a bad thing? If something was pre-owned, that means before anyone owned it. Before anyone owned the thing, it was pieces/parts. Not a car. Pre-owned needs to go.

Melty. As in melty cheese. On a cheeseburger. Now we've taken a perfectly useful word (melt), slapped a 'y' on the end, and we have an adjective that attempts to describe a cheeseburger's qualities. As though melty was a flavor. Or a special thing. No. If someone hasn't melted the cheese on the cheeseburger, it needs to be sent back from whence it came.

Okay, that's all the brain fragments I have for now.

'til next time... Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment