Thursday, January 31, 2013

More Monkey Business

Got curious a few minutes ago, and that's always dangerous. So, I ventured off the path of finding monkey movies and decided I'd take a stroll through what sort of monkey business is playing on the tube. Here goes:

Looks like BBC America is monkeying around with some monkey and ape shows. First up, we have a show called All About Apes coming on BBCAM 8 AM to 9 AM on 2/3/13. And, it is, aptly enough, all about apes. Looks like a documentary on the ape family. Wonder if I'll recognize anyone?

Next we have Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011), which I haven't seen yet, coming up this Saturday on one of the HBO channels from 2:10 to 4 PM. The apes take revenge for all the testing we've done on them. Not to mention all those years spent with organ grinders.

Then, we have the companion piece to All About Apes on BBCAM from 9 to 10 AM, also on 2/3/13.

Hmm, this sounds.... odd. Dana Carvey has a show called Dana Carvey: Squatting Monkeys (?) this Saturday, from 12 to 1 PM, on another of the HBO channels. With a title like that...

But, the title I like the best is My Child is a Monkey (Hey, I resemble that remark!), on the WILD channel, 2/15/13, from 5 to 6 PM, all about people who adopt monkeys as pets, treating them as though they were children, and calling them "monkids". Now, that's just plain weird. It's not like they're cats. I mean, monkeys can dress themselves. But, now, our cats, we spend a lot of time shopping for their little clothes, and getting their gourmet foods, and.... uh, well, uh... never mind.

Well, enough monkey business for now. I'll get back on track soon and down to the serious business of monkey movies again. You know, important stuff.
 
And, remember, folks, leave your comments on my blog about your favorite monkey movies.

'til next time... Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment